Due to the entry into force of the amendment to the “Information Society Services Act” (LSSICE) established by Royal Decree 13/2012, it is mandatory to obtain the express consent of the user of all websites that use dispensable cookies, before he navigates them.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies and other similar technologies such as local shared objects, flash cookies or pixels, are tools used by Web servers to store and retrieve information about their visitors, as well as to provide a proper functioning of the site. Through the use of these devices, the Web server is allowed to remember some data concerning the user, such as his preferences for viewing the pages of that server, name and password, products that interest him the most, etc.
COOKIES AFFECTED BY THE RULES AND EXCEPTED COOKIES
According to the EU directive, cookies that require informed consent by the user are analytical cookies and advertising and affiliation, with the exception of those of a technical nature and those necessary for the operation of the website or the provision of services expressly requested by the user.
WHAT TYPES OF EXISTING COOKIES?
About the types of cookies, there are five main groups:
- Analytic cookies: collect information on the use made of the website.
- Social cookies: are those necessary for external social networks.
- Affiliate Cookies: allow you to keep track of visits from other websites, with which the website establishes a
affiliation contract (affiliation companies).
- Advertising and behavioral cookies: collect information about the user’s personal preferences and choices (retargeting).
- Technical and functional cookies: these are strictly necessary for the use of the website and for the provision of the contracted service.
COOKIES THAT ARE USED ON THIS WEB SITE
- PHPSESSID: technical and strictly necessary cookie containing the session identifier. It is deleted when you close your browser.
- _lang: technical and strictly necessary cookie containing the language of the session. It is deleted when you close your browser.
- ac_cookies:technical and strictly necessary cookie containing the value of whether you have accepted the installation of cookies. It expires in 1 year since the last update.
- _ga: Google Analytics cookie that enables the control function devisitas unique. The first time a user enters the website through a browser this cookie will be installed. When
this user re-enters the website with the same browser, the cookie will consider it to be the same user. Only in the event that the user changes browser, will be considered another
user It expires 2 years after the last update. More information about the Google Analytics treatment here.
- _gat: This cookie is associated with Google Analytics. It is used to limit the speed of request – limiting the collection of data in the
high-traffic sites. Expires after 10 minutes.
- _gid: This cookie is associated with Google Analytics. It is used to distinguish users. It expires after 24 hours.
REVOCATION OF CONSENT TO INSTALL COOKIES SUCH AS REMOVING COOKIES FROM YOUR BROWSER
- Select the Tools icon
- Click Configuration.
- Click Show Advanced Options.
- In the “Privacy” section click on Content Settings.
- Delete cookies: Click on All Cookies and Site Data…
- Do not allow cookies to be stored.
- Click Delete navigation data (empty cache).
- Close and restart the browser.
For more information about Chrome click here:
Internet Explorer. Version 11
- Select Tools | Internet Options
- Click on the General tab.
- In the “Browsing History” section, click Delete Browsing History.
scan on exit.
- Select Delete files.
- Select Delete cookies.
- Click Delete.
- Click OK.
- Close and restart the browser.
For more information about Internet Explorer click here:
Firefox. Version 59
- Click the Menu button and select Options.
- Select the Privacy and security panel and go to the Cookies and site data section.
- Click on Manage data…. The Manage cookies and site data window will open.
- To delete all cookies and storage data from the site, click Delete all that is displayed.
- To delete the selected items, choose an entry and click Delete Selected.In the Search web sites field: type the name of the web site whose cookies you want to delete. The cookies that match your search will be displayed.
- Click Save changes.
- A confirmation window called Delete cookies and data will open from the site: click on Remove.
- Close the page about:preferences..
For more information about Mozilla Firefox click here:
Safari Version 11.1
Select Safari > Preferences, click Privacy and do one of the following:
- Always block cookies: select “Block all cookies
- The websites you visit, third parties and advertisers may not store cookies or other data on the Mac. This may prevent some websites from functioning properly.
- Delete cookies and stored data: click on “Manage website data”, select one or more websites, then click on Delete or “Delete all”.
- Eleting the data could reduce tracking, however, it can also lead to closing your sessions in the
websites or change their behavior.
- Look at which websites store cookies or data: click on “Manage website data”.
- Ask websites not to track you: some websites keep track of your browsing activities when they provide you with content, which gives them the ability to adapt what you are looking for.
offer. You can have Safari ask sites and their third-party content providers (including advertising) not to track you.
- With this option enabled, each time Safari retrieves content from a website, it will request that you not be tracked, but it depends on the website whether this request is respected.
For more information about Safari, click here: https://support.apple.com/es-es/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac
Settings > Options > Advanced > Cookies.
The cookie manager allows you to inspect and edit the cookies Opera has saved. Click on the button labeled “Manage cookies” to discover a set of folders, in which each one identifies a domain. The Search Now field is used to find a domain by its name. Opening the folder provides detailed information on all cookies connected to that particular domain.
For more information about Opera click here:
Consult the documentation of the browser you have installed.